“Give A Day for the Bay” at McKay Bay Nature Preserve on March 19th
It's a new year and we've had a couple months off with no workdays - BUT we are back on track.
When: Saturday March 19, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM EDT
Where: McKay Bay Nature Preserve, 134 N. 34th Street, Tampa, FL MAP »
TBEP will be partnering with Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful and Hillsborough County staff to remove invasive plants at McKay Bay Nature Preserve in Tampa.
There is an opportunity to work on and in the water at this workday.
FLORIDA SURVIVAL GEAR
The site can accommodate kayaks and canoes and if you want to bring yours for this workday, feel free. We are however, limiting the kayak/canoes to no more than 10. You can select canoe or kayak when you register to indicate what you are bringing.
- If you want to get wet, wear old shoes and pants that can get dirty and wet. There will be an opportunity to walk along the shore and pick up trash and debris.
We will end the morning with lunch and volunteers can enjoy the park for the rest of the afternoon!
- Bring a water bottle if you have one to reduce our plastic waste
- You MUST wear closed-toe shoes (whether you are getting in the water or not)
- NO sandals or flip flops!
- Not suitable for younger children. Teens may attend if accompanied by an adult.
- Long-sleeved shirts, pants, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended
- Bug spray is recommended as well
If you have any problems with the online registration form, please call or email Misty Cladas, (727) 893-2765.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, March 19th to help make Tampa Bay a better place to live and play.
Additional Contact Information