Hillsborough County EPC offers scenic wetland tours in May
May is American Wetlands Month, and the Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County (EPC) is celebrating by offering tours of four of Hillsborough County's most scenic wetlands with guides from the EPC.
Learn more about the true value of wetlands to our community by joining these tours.
On each tour, participants will explore a unique Hillsborough County wetland to discuss and learn the importance of wetlands in our community. Natural wetlands serve as habitat for many wildlife species, provide numerous recreational opportunities, filter our drinking water and protect us from flooding.
Dates and locations:
- Saturday, May 5 – Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
- Friday, May 11 – Upper Tampa Bay Trail-Lutz Lake Fern
- Saturday, May 19 – Alderman Ford Conservation Park
- Friday, May 25 – Upper Tampa Bay Conservation Park
Things to know
- Cost: Free
- There is a $2 park entry fee per vehicle for up to 8 people
- Under 18 must be accompanied by adult
- Walking/Hiking information: ~1 to 2 miles
- Maximum amount of participants: 40
Things to bring
- Water in refillable container
- Bug spray
For more information please email or call either of the following people:
Jackie Jordan – (813) 627-2600 ext. 1358 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Tapley – (813) 627-2600 ext. 1359 – email@example.com