Reclaimed water restrictions begin April 1
Pinellas County reclaimed water seasonal restrictions begin Saturday, April 1. The mandatory restrictions are different for North County and South County reclaimed water customers due to the volume of reclaimed water produced by the respective water reclamation facility supplying each area and customer demand on each system. Utilities produces enough reclaimed water on average each day to supply the appropriate amount of needed irrigation for customers, but with excessive demand at an all-time high, restrictions continue to be necessary to help provide every reclaimed water customer with an adequate supply and preserve facility infrastructure.
For Pinellas County Utilities-supplied North County reclaimed water customers located north of Curlew Road, the reclaimed water system continues to be shut down three days a week until further notice due to dry weather and excessive demand. Customers may irrigate two days per week according to the following schedule:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may water on Tuesday and/or Saturday
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may water on Wednesday and/or Sunday
- Addresses with mixed or no addresses, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, may water on Wednesday and/or Sunday
- Irrigation is prohibited between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on all days
The North County system will continue to be shut down on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The system will also be shut down from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all days of operation.
South County reclaimed watering restrictions apply to Pinellas County Utilities-supplied reclaimed water customers located south of Ulmerton Road. The restrictions limit reclaimed water irrigation during authorized hours to three days per week based on house number according to the following schedule:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may water Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may water on Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday
- Addresses with mixed or no addresses, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision may water on Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday
- Irrigation is prohibited between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Irrigation is prohibited on Monday
Violations of the mandatory restrictions may result in a fine. Those who are not Pinellas County Utilities customers are encouraged to check with their water supplier to verify their watering days.
Pinellas County Utilities customers are encouraged to follow these restrictions throughout the year to promote a healthy, sustainable Florida lawn and landscape. The dry season also offers customers the opportunity to learn about, and put into practice, Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ practices, including watering only when grass and plants start to wilt and, when needed, watering deeply to encourage deep, drought-tolerant root systems.
Utilities customers are also reminded that Pinellas County follows year-round conservation measures allowing irrigation using potable, well, lake or pond water two days per week on assigned days based on house address. To verify watering days, visit www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/water-restrict.htm
For more information about reclaimed water, visit www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/reclaim-irrigation.htm
, or call Pinellas County Utilities Customer Service at (727) 464-4000. Customers are advised to monitor the website, as additional restrictions may be implemented if seasonal rainfall is lower than anticipated and the reclaimed water supply becomes limited.