Seasonal reclaimed water restrictions began Oct. 1st
Pinellas County seasonal reclaimed water restrictions take effect on Saturday, Oct. 1, and run through Wednesday, Nov. 30. Due to supply fluctuation in both the north and south county reclaimed water systems, the restrictions schedule for reclaimed water users will be different for north and south county customers during this period.
North county reclaimed water customers may only irrigate two days per week based on property address, according to the schedule below:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, or 8) may water on Tuesday and/or Saturday.
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, or 9) may water on Wednesday and/or Sunday.
- Parcels with mixed or no address, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, may water on Wednesday and/or Sunday.
- Watering is prohibited between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on all authorized days.
As irrigation is entirely prohibited on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, the reclaimed water system may be shut down on these days, as needed, without public notification. The system may also be shut down from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all days of operation for supply recovery, if needed, without additional notification. Customers should monitor the reclaimed water restrictions website for up-to-date information on shutdowns and schedule changes at www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/reclaim-irrigation.htm.
Customer cooperation in following the two-day-per-week watering schedule is critical as excessive demand may require a return to a one-day-per-week irrigation schedule.
South county reclaimed water customers may irrigate three days per week based on property address according to the following schedule:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8) may water on Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday.
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) may water on Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday.
- Parcels with mixed or no address, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, may water on Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday.
- Lawn irrigation is prohibited between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on all authorized days.
- Lawn irrigation is also prohibited on Monday.
Unauthorized watering hours have been extended until 6 p.m. to allow for storage tank levels to recover, with the goal of maintaining an adequate supply and pressure for customers during allowable irrigating hours. If south county customers experience low pressure, they should try irrigating at a different time during authorized hours until they find sufficient pressure for their system to operate efficiently.
Pinellas County Utilities reminds customers that reclaimed water is a limited resource due to water usage, fluctuations in weather and capacity of the system. Conservation is necessary to promote adequate supply that is shared by all customers.
The Pinellas County reclaimed water program underscores a key component of Pinellas County’s Strategic Plan: reducing, reusing and recycling resources including energy, water and solid waste.