Register now for 2016 “Florida Style Landscaping”
Learn How to Create (and Maintain) a Stunning Florida Yard!
When: Starting Jan. 14, with various classes through February 25 (see schedule below)
All classes are 6:00 - 8:30 pm, unless otherwise noted.
Where: St. Petersburg Water Resources Dept. Admin Building, 1650 Third Ave. North MAP »
Registration: Workshops are free, but space is limited. Pre-Register at the link below or call 727-892-5688 for more information.
2016 Workshop Schedule
- Jan. 14: Florida-Friendly Landscaping, Avoiding Bad Plants, Gardening for Wildlife
- Jan. 21: Protect our Waterways: Rain Gardens and Rain Barrels, Proper Fertilizer Use. Rain Barrels available for purchase following this workshop! ($40.00, incl. tax)
- **Jan. 28: Landscape Design 1- Basics (first of two-part class). Bring your home landscaping ideas as we cover the basics of Florida-friendly yard design.
- **Feb. 4: Landscape Design 2 - Clinic (continued from Jan. 28th class). Experts work with you on your landscape plan, and share tips for proper plant installation and establishment.
- Feb. 11: Landscape Maintenance: Pruning, Mulching, Fertilizer and Pesticide Use, and Composting
- Feb. 25: Micro-Irrigation and Sensible Sprinkler Systems Clinic. Do you know how much water you use/need to irrigate your yard? Come find out!
**Join us one hour early on these dates for a guided tour of the Florida-Friendly Demonstration Garden!
Sponsored by Pinellas County Extension Service with workshops taught by St. Petersburg Florida-Friendly Landscaping Specialists.