National Estuaries Day Coastal Cleanups call for Volunteers!
9 a.m.–noon Saturday, September 27, 2014
Celebrate National Estuaries Day with Tampa Bay Watch by volunteering for a land- and sea-based cleanup of our local coastlines on Saturday, September 27, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Volunteers are welcome to bring their own kayak or canoe to participate in the water-based cleanup at one of four locations: Ft. De Soto, Tierra Verde, Sunshine Skyway, or Neal Preserve.
Additionally, at the Sunshine Skyway location, there will be a smaller team of 25 volunteers specifically working on the fishing piers to collect monofilament debris from our monotubes. The monofilament that is collected will then be recycled. To learn more about Tampa Bay Watch monofilament recycling programs visit the link below.
Click on the links below, to register for one the cleanups:
• Ft. De Soto Coastal Cleanup = 0 spaces remain! Thanks, volunteers :)
• Tierra Verde Coastal Cleanup = 13 spaces left
• Sunshine Skyway Coastal Cleanup = 5 spaces left
• Sunshine Skyway Monotube Cleanup = 4 spaces left
• Neal Preserve Coastal Cleanup = 25 spaces left
Questions? Email Annie or call (727) 867-8166 x233