Water restrictions change for customers
Pinellas County water restrictions will change for Pinellas County Utilities customers effective Saturday, March 1. These new changes will allow for lawn irrigation to return to two days per week according to the seasonal guidelines of a Phase II Severe Water Shortage Order previously issued by the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s Governing Board.
Pinellas County Utilities customers using potable, well, lake, or pond water for irrigation will be allowed to irrigate their lawns on two authorized watering days per week according to the schedule below:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8): Thursday and/or Sunday
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9): Wednesday and/or Saturday
- Addresses with mixed or no addresses: Tuesday and/or Friday
- Prohibited lawn irrigation between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
In addition, the following conditions of the order remain in place:
- Sprinkler-like devices used on a lawn for recreational purposes shall be limited to the lawn and landscape restrictions.
- Homeowners associations and other entities must suspend any requirement to replace lawns or engage in other activity which increases water use during this water shortage declaration.
- Water-use activities not restricted include: car washing, hand-watering of plants/trees/shrubs, pressure washing, and operating fountains.
New lawns and landscaping must continue to follow a 60-day establishment period irrigation schedule. Visit the Pinellas County Utilities website for schedule details.
If you are not a Pinellas County Utilities customer, please check with your water supplier to verify your watering days.
As a reminder, Pinellas County supplied reclaimed water customers are encouraged to follow the watering schedule shown below all year long to promote a healthy, drought-tolerant lawn:
- Addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8): Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9): Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Addresses with mixed or no addresses: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
The Pinellas County supplied reclaimed water three days per week watering schedule is mandatory during Florida's traditional dry seasons, which run April 1 through June 30 and Oct. 1 through Nov. 30. Watering using reclaimed water is not recommended between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Water restrictions can change at any time. Customers are responsible for staying up to date on restrictions and watering schedules. Violations of such restrictions or schedules may result in a $193 fine. Customers should monitor the Pinellas County Utilities website, or the SWFWMD website to ensure they are following the most current water restrictions.