Help Give Lowry Park Zoo a Face Lift on February 22
When: Saturday February 22, 8:00 AM–1:00 PM EST
Where: Lowry Park Zoo, 1101 W. Sligh Avenue, Tampa, FL 33604
The Tampa Bay Estuary Program is partnering with Lowry Park Zoo to help remove invasives out of the Ha-Ha in the Elephant Bull Yard (the small ditch where the drain is installed) and clearing the vegetation from perimeter fencing. We need 50 volunteers for this work. This will be a very physical job so bring your strong muscles!
We will be providing lunch for the volunteers and you will be able to stay after the workday to enjoy the zoo.
Note: When you register you will be issued a ticket, which you *must* bring to the zoo on the day of the event.
FLORIDA SURVIVAL GEAR AND INFO
• Please wear closed-toe shoes- NO sandals or flip flops!
• Please wear/bring long sleeves and long pants.
• Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bug spray
• Bring a water bottle if you have one to reduce our plastic waste
• You must be at least 15 to participate in this workday and accompanied by an adult
• Only 5 people per organization/group
Many thanks to our 2013-2014 Emerald Green Sponsor TECO Energy.
They are generously supporting all 6 of our volunteer workdays!