Reclaimed water restrictions to begin Monday, April 1st
The seasonal reclaimed water restrictions for Pinellas County reclaimed water customers will begin on Monday, April 1, in accordance with Pinellas County Code 82-3. These reductions help avoid reclaimed water shortages during Florida’s traditional dry seasons (April to June and October to November).
From April 1 to June 30, irrigation with reclaimed water supplied by Pinellas County is limited to three days per week, based on the resident’s home address. The mandatory seasonal restrictions state:
- Watering is prohibited in the daytime between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- No reclaimed watering is permitted on Monday.
- If your house number ends in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8), water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- If your house number ends in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- If your property contains a mix of addresses or if an address cannot be determined, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Overwatering can damage a lawn. Customers are encouraged to limit irrigation with reclaimed water to three days a week or less throughout the year to promote a healthy, drought-tolerant lawn with deep roots.
For more information, contact Pinellas County at www.pinellascounty.org/reclaimed
or call (727) 464-4000.