eTownHall to focus on Pinellas watersheds
Pinellas eTownHall: "Watershed, Where We LiveWorkPlay"
Wednesday, Nov. 28, 7 pm
Join the discussion about Pinellas County watersheds and how they connect our environment, economic vitality and quality of life, at a live online eTownHall on Wednesday, Nov. 28, from 7 to 8 pm. Panel members will answer questions sent in by the public and discuss the connections between the county's watersheds and how they directly affect the quality of life that is valued by residents, visitors and the business community.
As a watershed management plan is being developed, solutions are being investigated to improve overall water quality and address drainage problems. Increased public awareness is the key to understanding the role of the community as part of the solution to these countywide problems. The eight panelists represent a cross-section of the county including Tampa Bay Times, Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Pinellas County Economic Development, Tampa Bay Estuary Program, Pinellas County Extension and the county's Department of Environment and Infrastructure's Watershed Division.
There are five ways to participate in the eTownHall:
- Blog on www.pinellascounty.org/etownhall. The blog opens at 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 26, for early questions and comments and will remain open through the live event on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
- View the live streaming video event on the eTownHall website on Wednesday, Nov. 28, from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Tweet with the hashtag #pinellaswatershed to send in questions and comments.
- Call in during the live event. To ask a question or make a comment, call (727) 464-TOWN (8696).
- Watch the event live on PCC-TV (Bright House Channel 622, Knology Channel 18 or Verizon Channel 44).
For more information on the event call (727) 464-4600 or follow the link below. The conference room at the Pinellas County Communications Department will be open to the public during the live event as well to provide access to a computer, TV and phone. It is located at 333 Chestnut St. in Clearwater.
Additional Contact Information