Volunteers needed for Cooper's Point coastal cleanup
CLEARWATER – The City of Clearwater will host a Coastal Cleanup, and
volunteers are needed for the following event:
Cooper's Point Preserve Coastal Cleanup
(Co-sponsored by Keep Pinellas Beautiful and the City of Clearwater's Engineering Department)
• Date: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012
• Time: 8 to 11 a.m.
• Where: Cooper's Point Preserve, 3411 Gulf to Bay Blvd., Clearwater
• Why: To remove trash, litter, and debris from the park's areas.
• Special Instructions: Wear closed-toed shoes and bring a pair of gardening gloves. Water, tools, supplies, and snacks will be provided. All ages are
welcome, and service hours will be validated.
• To Sign Up: Email Sarah Josuns or
call (727) 562-4897.
This cleanup is part of the Annual Coastal Clean Up, coordinated by the Ocean
Conservancy. Keep Pinellas Beautiful and the City of Clearwater's Engineering
department are sponsors.
To learn about this or additional City of Clearwater volunteer opportunities,
call (727) 562-4803.